don't act how to
talk or act
The story is all
foreplay, hold the
- Act all the aches and
- Act correctly you become
- Act dynamically.
- Act, create a stacked
- Act extrovert on, the other
is boring. Be the center of attention.
- Act III resolve what
everything the audience should know. Look for the selfish motive. What is the drama in scene? How to plan the scene from what is happening. Find the conflict. Every scene look for two guys in a ring.
- Act exciting. People go to
the theater to see excitement. Be larger than life. Be like
movie stars. Every part: bring madness. Every moment play
it. Great dramatic opportunity. Not line to line. Play all the values.
- Acting is like walking into a dream. If you could walk into a dream and really believe it,
then you really know how to act.
- Act it out the most
interesting way you can.
- Act one: must have some
place to go.
- Act out difficulties.
- Act overcoming objective, what do you want?
- Actors tricks with his face. Can't substitute this for feelings. Can't act
- Act with feelings, be aware
of things and be responding.
- Act with integrity.
- Act with your whole person.
your whole body, the feelings
are going, use your voice and don't bury dialogue
trying to be natural. Use color,
don't mumble. How to make it special, how to illuminate it. As an actor
be a chef, be decorative.
- Actors are born with the aptitude.
A person has to have the aptitude to act.
- Actors took moment to act.
Not part of story.
- Actors tried to make every scene the big one, actors
act to be liked by audience. Director
has to watch this. Director has to keep things in proportion.
- And feel free to try all different things.
Act with your body, not just your feelings and your mind, let your body behave too.
- Audiences imagine more in their head than you can ever
act out. Audience will do it for you, their imagination is
- Bigger than life energy. Before you
you can't enter this world with energy of real world.
- Born alone, die alone, act alone.
- Build emotion
big enough to act with. State of
- Can act anywhere, under any
- Can't act in little pieces.
- Cannot act with brain.
- Can't act with head, comes
- Can't act the size you
live. Real is very dull. Heightened reality, condensed in
what is meaningful.
- Casting directors want to know if you can
- Choice things you can
act with color. Interest the
- Director favors the one who can
- Don't act.
- Don't act with
intelligent, but emotion. Audience is effected by emotion, not intelligent. Audience is
caught up in emotions, not ideas.
- Don't act all over the
place, must effect audience.
- Don't act careful. Act like children.
- Don't act
- Don't act each line, find lines to throw away.
- Don't act, get involved
emotionally, can't act with brain, must be feeling.
- Don't act in a vacuum, react. Use each object for its meaning.
- Don't act,
just react. Audience will read all kind
of things into it, don't act it.
- Audience is barely
listening, they are watching.
- Don't act in front of a
- Don't act in separate ways.
- Don't act, just react.
Audience will read all kind of things into it, don't act
- Don't act little pieces,
you are going to do it wrong.
- Don't act with brain. You
go from one idea to next idea with brain. You can't think about play, its feelings, but
you can't act the play with brain. Don't act with mind. Intelligent but not capable of acting. You
must get emotionally involved.
- Don't act with intelligent.
Act with emotion. Audience is effected by emotion, not
intelligent. Audience is caught up in emotions, not ideas.
- Don't act with intelligent,
but emotion. Audience is effected by emotion, not intelligent. Audience is caught up in
emotions, not ideas. Bernard Shaw wrote ideas, it was dull, but he did add political bites
in it. Moved by the emotion, dialogue nothing. Not moved by dialogue.
- Don't act without an
emotion, more important than words, even the objective.
- Don't act without feeling.
Turn your talent loose.
- Don't act with voice, it's phony.
- Don't be off balanced as actor, exercise, sense of self: I am a
star, say I am brilliant, have a larger ego. When you act
your territory has to be bigger. Fill the enormous space.
- Don't over act.
- Don't try to act blind. A blind person: heighten your awareness, compensate. Focus of scene: (she is hungry). Compensate with
- Don't walk into a scene with the
same energy of life. Act with a larger energy. Use
everything you can in your relationship.
- Emotion has to be big enough to act
- Enormous emotion, never act
with little emotion, turn on all your lights.
- Feelings large enough to destroy you. Can not
act without an emotion, more important than words, even the
- Forget what you have planned when
- Furniture, atmosphere; know
it, get use to it. Walk in see the room. When act, it is like you walk into a dream, an illusion.
All exploration. Explore each moment.
- Get up to act: is like
off diving board.
Person going through it. Have spontaneity.
- Give yourself something too hard to
Principle: he wants to be free, selfish
motive. Hope is the emotion he behaves the way we want him to behave. Objective is
something you can do something about it, not just philosophical.
- Got to act with your guts.
- Has the means to it. Harder to do, better to
act, use the circumstance,
invent, make more.
- How you have to act: The story telling is all foreplay, not the f**king. Lead the
audience on, hold the final act. Foreplay with
audience, audience loves to be on it. Milk it. (Sex is not a spectator sport.)
- If holding a hand, look like you are holding a hand "sensory memory, this will tell a director you can
- Just don't act with voice,
use whole body.
- Learn to act and how to
sell it. Generate money. If you can generate money, they will pay you money.
- Learn to act for movies.
- Learn to act without the dialogue.
- Learn what to do to act.
- Lesser material. Don't over
act, try not to save the scene.
- Make all your plans, you've told your body, don't
- Make the emotion big enough to
- Modern way to act. Learn
all of it, forget that you know it.
- Never act as a dangerous
person, if your a dangerous person.
- Never act with a finger.
- Never act with pencil, it
is only a crutch, or touch the table, etc.
- No body is interested in deep thinkers,
with feeling. Feeling not intellect. Don't make pictures, be the character. It has nothing
to do with actuality. This is where Lee Strasburg was totally wrong. You don't have to
experience something to be able to act it.
- Nobody pays to see you comfortable. I don't care weather if you
suffer when you act. I don't care if you are
miserable, as long as you are interesting.
- Over come pity then you're protagonist.
Don't act pity, don't play "see how weak I am.
- People who are actors, and their career is going wrong, they
act in real life.
- Pick something to help you
- Scene act with your whole
body, the feelings are going, use your voice, don't bury dialogue trying to be natural.
Use colors, don't mumble.
- Silences is your part to
Complete the silences. Don't play the dialogue, complete the silences.
- Staging it to make pictures to tell the story. Give yourself
playing area. What can be done at the moment, the objective, what are people doing to each
other. Act overcoming objective, what do you want?
- Start with:
"feel, think, do" when you start to act in front of camera.
- Stop acting, get involved emotionally, can't
act with brain, must be feeling.
- Talent will take care of you. Don't just
perfect skills, act down to your finger tips.
- The Art of Acting; Spell binders, entertainers.
To act we are talking about skills,
you just don't throw yourself into it.
- The camera can help the actor act. Camera
loves certain people, hates others, it is in the bones of the face.
- The thing to do is not to
every moment doesn't have to be entertaining.
- The way to reach another person is
through your will and your intelligence. You must act brain to brain.
- To act we are talking about
skills, you just don't throw yourself into it.
- Turn your body over to the character. If you can't do that you
- Unlike the "Method",
I want you to be as free as possible when you act.
- Way you act.
- We all try to act with our
intellect. You can't do it, acting is an emotional experience. It's only a partial mental
- What act is it in? What is
- What it feels like to act
- What you act is getting
over the difficulty.
When you act:
|even if your
playing a scene where you are miserable, you have to be in an elevated state, you can't
just be miserable the way you would be home in your own room.
act not just with your will, not just with your thoughts and
feelings, you have to act with your whole body.
all your sensitivities going at once.
have to think: character has a light bulb inside, light up the
innards to get the audience's interest.
has to be bigger. Fill the enormous space.
should concentrate on your character's objective, nothing else.
- You cannot act with brain.
You go from one idea to next idea with brain. You can think about play, its feelings, but
you can't act the play with brain. Don't act with mind.
- Don't act a normal life.
Pump the actors up. Bat out of hell, chase the train, no meaningless pauses, rattle,
rattle, beat, joke, like going to a party.
- Don't act cute in
- Don't try to act funny.
- Never try to be funnier, never over
Character is in trouble.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."