Learning from other arts.
- Acting is the one art you can't be caught doing.
- Art begets art. Have a sense of it.
- Art form: requires you to
- Art full of certainties:
Achieve a certain end, never show audience how to
behave. Give audience time to work: Containment (feel and feel, but contained).
- Art full of certainties:
Achieve a certain end, never show audience how to behave.
- Art gives a specific
- Art is a statement of what
- Art is a suggestion, art
isn't thrown at you.
- Art is all about imagination.
- Art is better with a sense
of freedom. You get newness.
- Art is enhancing reality.
- Art is not just feelings. Art is a plan. Effect this scene has on
audience. To insight.
- Art is not reality, art is selective reality.
- Art is not the truth.
- Art is theatrical,
colorful, exciting. (Two people on a hot grille.)
- Art isn't conclusive. Art is suggestion of something.
- Art must be taken serious
all the time.
- Art of acting is moving the audience, not the actor.
- Art of acting is moving the audience, present a creditable human being. Find
a way to justify character. How does he see himself. Don't fall into traps.
- Art with a purpose.
- Be delighted: you're learning
- Difference between reality and
theater: we are making a mirror image, a painting of
- Don't love your performance,
love the art of acting.
- Don't show off your art. Just do
it well, purist.
- Each moment in a scene.
Art of motion picture. Motion pictures are micro now, full
- Good art achieves it over
- Good art comes out of
- Good art is never muddled
- Good painter attacks his painting.
- Has to look like life.
Art is not truth, a lie to
see the truth.
- In your art take big brush strokes.
- It's all work in progress. Life is work in progress. All work (art) is in progress.
- Joy of doing the work is art,
not from torment.
- Lesson in art: Don't show
torment, just what are we, where are we going.
- Life can be, art cannot:
- Look on forms of vases. Greek. Full of symbolism down to
sculptures, paintings, from life, not street gestures. Each
one has an attitude, figures, essence of the human figure, not a picture in bronze.
- Principle: Story telling,
don't take up time with things that don't matter, art of
- Reality is not art. Avoid
- Realism, bigger energy. Art:
there has to be order, existing doesn't hold alone on stage, do things big.
- Struggle. Emotions
involvement, art is simple.
- Talented painter attacks canvas.
- Talking about art, get the
- Territory, art of acting
move the audience.
- Theater is a series of effects. Audience will make their own truths. Make the right choices. Can it be accepted as true. Audience believe the
character. Art is not truth.
- The Art of Acting: Spell
binders, entertainers. To act we are talking about skills, you just don't throw yourself into it.
- Turn on all your lights,
wonderful persona, art is
not a straight line.
- We are talking about a piece of art,
not a picture.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."