The pattern of behavior.
If the behavior is correct, even a deaf audience will
Actors carry out objectives in behavior.
Staging comes from objectives.
- Abstract situation, behavior not
- Acting without words. Loaded
- Actor has to train his or her ear, behavior
that the characters are feeling.
- A lot of human behavior doesn't make sense.
- Audience is interested in behavior, not words or
- Audience wants worthy opponents. Movies are all about behavior, play it through, not just dialogue.
Don't go to the next line, there are no next line. Memorize lines, then forget them. Explore the moments in beginning, middle and
end. Correct your impulse when you are
wrong. Rub your nose in it.
- Behave as if your character
has a future.
- Behaving according to
- Behavior before scene: what
are the possibilities?
- Behavior is important.
- Behavior is more important
than dialogue. Radio is dead.
- Behavior, know the
- Behavior look like?
- Behavior of
scene: who takes care of whom, (she takes care of him.)
- Behavior. Moving pictures
- Behavior tells the
- Behavior their talk. Do not
- Behavior with
mask: we play what we want people to believe.
- Change behavior.
- Change physical appearance. 1. Center of character: life activity. 2.
- Changes of behavior, how
quickly or how slowly.
body will behave in the
- Don't depend on dialogue, behavior
is the story.
- Don't rush it just because there are few lines. It's about behavior, explore the moments. Physicalize each transition,
each moment explored.
- Don't be a character
in your head, it will never show. Use emotion
and objective for your behavior.
People go "to see a movie", they don't go "to listen to a
- Don't use your own behavor on every character.
- During rehearsal try this with a scene partner: have emotion
and have objective, but don't use the words
in the scene. Instead, make up the words. This will help you come up
with behavior for the characters in the story.
- Emotion that best
serves the scene: fits the behavior of the person.
- Everything you do must be understandable in the relation of the
- Explore the moment, it's about behavior
Film is about behavior, it is not about talk.
- Find behavior: don't wait
for next cue.
- Find the fun in it. The behavior not
- Give people behavior not
just conversation. Show us what is wrong.
- Has nothing to do with normal behavior,
framing jokes, high energy. Can't keep moving around, don't move on every
*@#!!! line, so they can set up shots. Stay together for a while. Cut down on
movement to different places. Close up, they want
faces in TV.
- His emotion; terror, but behaving as in control;
- Hope is the emotion he behaves the way we want him to behave.
- How did people behave then?
- How to do it again and again: what caused
- How you see characters
- Human behavior; understand
the creature we are.
- Human behavior, fixed
ideas, keep your mind open.
- Ideal image of
the character. Characters secret self. Whole
behavior will change. Who
- If the behavior is correct,
even a deaf audience will understand it.
- Key to behavior: choices.
- If you can't tell story in behavior,
it won't work with words.
- Movies are about behavior,
otherwise, you are into radio. It's about human beings.
- Movies are about behavior.
Not interested in plot. Why they happen?
- Movies are about behavior,
not just talk.
- Movies are about behavior:
with emotion and out of objective.
- Movies want behavior, not
just talk, it isn't radio.
- Moving pictures of behavior.
- Never change the dialogue, however the actor
can find behavior.
- No dialogue: just behavior take
your time. Never change the dialogue. Can find behavior.
- Not about talking. Acting is about behaving.
- Not dialogue but behavior.
- Not line to line. it is behavior
- One simple jester is better than many. Only behavior can be breath taking.
- Pattern of
behavior, it's just not dialogue.
- Pattern of behavior: (she
gets hold of him, he gets away) then stage the scene.
- Pattern of behavior: Boys
impulse is to leave, break things. Two kinds of people: Ordinary, Extra ordinary. Human
behavior 1+1 isn't two, it's eight, six, so on.
- People coping with difficult situation. A whole person in
difficulty. Reactions, just not dialogue. It's
- Physical behavior moves
- Play the situation. It's about behavior.
- Problem is: If I didn't hear dialogue, I wouldn't know what the
scene is about. A deaf audience should understand. It's more than talking, not radio. What
is essence of scene: behavior.
Visually it lacks things that are entertaining.
- Reading a part don't believe everything character says: natural
behavior of lying everyday.
- Reveal human behavior.
Nobody listens to you. Don't just sit down.
- Say everything you can physically.
- Selfish motive
is the core of our behavior. Don't find what is nice
to play: find the motive of the character. Good actor: gets further into the character.
- Staging is not just an
interesting place for people telling the story, look at behavior.
- Story telling
has to be behavioral. Movies are all about behavior,
play it through, not just dialogue.
- Story telling, not busy work.
- Tell a story. Not dialogue but behavior
- Watching behavior.
- What is scene about: behavior.
- When the behavior is
correct, even a deaf audience will understand it.
- Where the values are, behavior of
- Who is the driving force, who has the energy?
- Whole element behavior,
lift it off pages. Who is aggressor?
- Whole scene should be about behaving.
- Words match with behavior.
- Why are those extra words,
how to make the words work, make it into behavior,
repetition of words.
- WRONG: controlled; pretending to be out of control. Can't be
planned behavior. The unexpected, don't think the
dialogue; Don't think words.
- You only recognize emotions from the face,
- Has to be funny to watch.
Don't play radio. It's behavior, that is what is
- High state of behavior. Heighten
the emotion "the tickle".
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."