matching action overlaps
in dialogue hitting marks
- Acting for the camera.
- Acting in front of
camera: is the emotion
on the stage and for the camera
are the same, the difference is proportions.
- Actors understand the
- As an actor take practical advice from directors,
etc. You must try to look good for camera.
- Ask camera where are they
framing me. The closer, minimal acting.
- Back of mind understand camera. Big
inside, not outside for camera.
- Be aware of what is being seen; where is the
camera, what is it doing.
- Be aware of the technical things of the camera.
- Camera is slightly above
- Camera makes things bigger;
makes lying bigger.
- Camera must be still before
- Directors know camera not
- Director turn actors loose on set. Then lock it in for
- Do less, camera blows it
- Don't self indulge, remain the actor until you step up to the
camera. As actor you can listen to instruction, not in character.
- Do not repeat yourself, but do again what caused
- Do things on your line, so
camera will stay on you and not cut to other actor.
- Eye light, focused on your eyes.
- How the camera operates?
- Learn how to act for camera.
- Learning the camera.
- Less - camera blows it up.
- Make it littler for the camera.
Watch good performance, how they do things minimal and very, very quietly. It's all inside
- Modern acting: Acting is for camera
98% of the time.
- Most acting is for camera.
- Satisfy the cinematography.
- Take practical advice. It helps for you to look good for
camera. Don't wipe yourself out.
- That is understanding the drama.
You're not thinking camera.
- The camera can help the actor act. Camera
loves certain people, hates others, it is in the bones of the face.
- The future of acting now is the value to
- The quieter you are, the better for the camera.
- The unspoken things, even though nothing was spoken, the big
screen will catch the look out of the corner of the eye.
- Think camera. Think motion
picture. Always simple.
- To tell a story:
camera has to tell the story physically.
- Walk toward camera. Avoid
side to side. Camera is audience.
- Watch what the camera does
for you. If you lie the camera makes it larger. Out of
- Why way off: Theater acting is an expensive hobby. What you are
going to make a living at 99% for the camera.
- Your time in front of camera:
use it, set the tone, feeling and theme.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."