- Actors look real;
- Basis of comedy is
- Better to fail on the creditability.
- Completely creditability.
- Don't lose character in shtick.
It is better to fail on the creditability.
Funny is easy. You can play anything funny,
resist that. Make the people creditable.
Laughter is not any measure of success.
- Go for creditability, must
believe they're real people with problems.
- Machine like. By choices: How
is it possible? Doing it because it was written that way. End result must be
creditability. Bring up doubts in character,
will create more suspense. All possibilities for Mystery:
What does she mean, a lot of unanswered questions.
- Make the people creditable.
- Not reality, but
- Play out the values. This is
the legitimacy of it, this is the creditability of it.
We are telling a love story.
- Principle is "that its got to be completely
creditable" otherwise it can't work. It's not possible.
What is the story?
- (They are freezing), how well you do that makes it
- Basis of comedy is creditability.
People need to belong together.
- Be creditable. Victims; be
of equal size. Don't just play the jokes.
- Don't do shtick. Actor have
to be creditable and fit into the scene.
- Drama and Comedy:
First creditability, even farce.
- Funny and creditable.
- Give up a laugh to be creditable.
- Going to be funny, you first have to be
- Humor in the character go for
- Make a base of creditability,
then come up with things off the wall.
- Principle: don't go for all laughs, only ones that are important; creditability.
Don't try to make it as funny as possible.
- When a funny interferes with
throw funny out.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."