adrenalin heart beat up motor peak of exercise
of heavy breathing
- Acting = emotional output.
- Actor can't pretend things, it
has to be emotional experience.
- Actor can't stop feeling,
what is it to be a performer? Dies when not emotionally
- Didn't have no big emotional conflict.
- Don't have the audience
respond intellectually, only emotionally. Lacked drama
because it wasn't emotional, not related to the larger problem of play.
- Emotional state is like
after an exercise.
- Emotional strength of scene.
- Emotional turmoil.
- Emotional War.
- Emotional involvement, the characters involvement, set the key.
- Emotionalism is not the emotion of the character.
- First, get yourself into that emotional
state. I taught you how to do it, be at the peak of exercise. Where you are out of breath, where the adrenalin
is going through you and your heart is beating. Action.
and don't recover.
- Give audience combat, slam
things, (take off shoes, etc.) be very emotional confrontation
- How you are after exercise, out of breath.
- Something emotional.
- Scene was a discussion. Not emotional.
- The secret: actor emotionally charged, strengthen the emotion.
In comedy find
the most emotional problem, (Gleason is an enormous emotional bus driver) carry it to
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."