All performances have to be
bigger than life-size.
Stand in middle of the room and
convince yourself that you're not your actual size, but tall enough to
reach up and touch the ceiling.
To hype yourself up for a performance.
on your lights.
- Don't use energy you use in
life. Bigger than life style, fill stage, screen.
- Don't walk into a scene with the
same energy of life. Act with a larger energy. Use
everything you can in your relationship.
- Everything is up front, don't whisper, fill
the space, voice and energy.
- Farce can't be played low
energy, or quiet, or subtle. Play louder and funnier. How
far from the norm?
- Has nothing to do with normal behavior,
framing jokes, high energy.
- Learn how to be an entertainer.
Take hold of stage. (She has to be passive with answer, he is aggressor),
somebody has to be energy. That is theatrical scene.
- Must use energy for
- You have to explore every moment
with all your energy. Play all the values. (Look at the table.) To turn
on your lights also means to turn on all your awareness.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."