- Emotions move the audience,
- Feeling in body, not an
- Idea what's theatrical?
- Don't act with intelligent,
but emotion. Audience is effected by emotion, not
intelligent. Audience is caught up in emotions, not ideas.
Bernard Shaw wrote ideas, it was dull, but he did add
political bites in it. Moved by the emotion, dialogue
nothing. Not moved by dialogue.
- Have an idea, make it funny.
- Fill the room with atmosphere and feelings,
- Idea of who your character is: not just using yourself.
- I have a good idea, never
say: 'this is dumb.'
- Learn how to incorporate an idea
into a story.
- No punctuation in speech. No commas,
no periods. It is idea to idea. Stop anywhere, but not at a period.
- You cannot act with brain. You go
from one idea to next idea
with brain. You can think about play, its feelings, but
you can't act the play with brain. Don't act with mind.
- Producer: money on his idea.
- Speak from one idea to the
next. What should it do to audience? Only thinking what character is thinking.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."