Understanding the author's
Our job is to serve the
First reading simply as
entertainment, understand how the audience
Second reading is the time to
think of an individual character and to start making choices.
- Authors intention: (a morality
play. Don't make deals with the devil.)
- Intention of author: What does she
know? Both must wear a mask.
- Intention of story: (they end up
- Intention: make you feel.
- Know story.
Intention of story.
- Overall intent of the author.
- Serve the authors intention.
- The intent of scene: (to frighten audience, etc.)
the story and intention of author.
- What the character wants, don't give up as character people
trying to overcome difficulty.
- You have to understand the story. You have to understand the
playwrights intentions, that is what the scene
is there for.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."