- Behavior with mask: we play what we want people to believe.
Characters don't go around
showing what's really inside of them, they wear a mask for protection.
- Club manager your mask
is: (he is the nicest person, he smiles a lot:) that's the attitude.
- Don't rob the audience, open the
slowly, don't play stone face. Audience must know what is going on.
(Behind the mask it is
- Everybody wears a mask.
- Find the mask: The mask is what you play. Actors
want to play obvious. Humans are cons.
- Greek Theater. They wore masks.
More proclaiming, learn to be an orator. Every word must be understood, this is not normal
- Her mask is: (uptight
- His emotion; terror, but
behaving as in control; mask.
- His mask: (He's not
showing his suffering.)
- How to play a person insane.
Insane: change emotion, alternate between one and another. Pick places to change, terror;
wear a mask. Actor is an entertainer.
Change to be different; variety.
- If you succeed to well in your mask,
there is no drama.
- Intention of author: What does
she know? Both must wear a mask.
- Mask of boss:
can't be bribed, bull shit. Human greed, frailty), that is meaning of play.
- Mask of character: aspect of the real characters coming through.
- Never deal with human beings without a mask.
- People don't go around as a naked ape, they have a
mask. What is really
going on inside the person is what you choose. What they pretend is only their
- People wear a mask.
- Pose, her mask: (stern like a teacher.)
- Remember people wear a mask.
- Reveal one veal at a time.
- Suggestions of horror. She
can't behave like a victim throughout. She is charming, flirtatious: the
- That is what is happening inside, must have a mask.
- The face they put on to the world.
- Do everything opposite of milking it. Writing
makes it trial.
Be nice acting, wear the mask so people can't read
you. Overcome the difficulty.
- The mask is: (everything
- The way to play power. Find the mask.
Don't play villain up front.
- What's going on inside, wear the mask
on the outside.
It is possible you can
learn more from animals than humans in life.
The actor starts with a clean canvas -- you are the material
in creating another person with the character's who am I,
what do I feel, what do I want, attitude and mask.
The character is asking these questions, not the actor:
what do I feel?
what do I want?
Also, find the personal
toward others, because every
character must have an attitude to make their
give the character a
remember people wear a mask.
Reading a part, don't believe everything character says:
natural behavior of lying everyday.
face they put on to the world.
is really going on inside the person is what you choose.
What they pretend is only their mask.
However, if you succeed
too well in your mask, there is no drama.
what to do with a character even without
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."