sense of movement
telling the story in movement by finding what I call the pattern of behavior.
- Audience: movement
to still or still to movement.
- Can't keep moving around,
don't move on every *@#!!! line,
so they can set up shots. Stay together for a while. Cut down on movement
to different places.
- Control yourself; don't do unneeded movement.
- Do not move on other
- Don't behave yourself. The story
is what we see. How does the character move.
What is characters manner.
Physical manner: tells us what people want to see them as. Character: feel, think, do.
- Don't create movement for moment.
- Don't just walk around to create movement.
Legs won't make it better.
- Don't make repetitious moves,
never repeat yourself.
- Drama - one person
move at a time, wait for one to stop.
- Every movement, same precision as Comedy, each
thing has meaning.
- Motion pictures require motion, not just
- Has nothing to do with normal behavior,
framing jokes, high energy.
Can't keep moving around, don't move on every *@#!!!
line, so they can set up shots. Stay together for a while. Cut down on movement to different places. Close up, they want faces in TV.
- How will the words look in 3
dimension? Moving around, etc.
- Moves come from the actor.
- Moving when you feel like
it, don't do staging.
Character can be out of control, but not the actor.
- Principle of movement: by
itself must tell the story. Who is aggressor?
- Prolong your movements:
audience, will they, won't they.
- Rule in movement: (just
walk to cabinet) make it work.
- Something has to happen. Not what people say, but what they do.
- Whenever you can stand still.
Feel emotion, think objective and move when you
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."