only pauses in speech; to find the right word or special emphasis.
- Actors with great magic: Use of pauses.
- Be aware of key lines; get it out. Don't
act each line, find lines to throw away. Keep the lines fluid until pause.
- Behavior, know the
- Do away with meaningless
Don't talk fast.
- Earn right for pauses.
- Give audience time for
important pauses, to let their imagination work. Relate to their own experiences.
- Keep the lines fluid until
- Playing serious, if chuckle, don't
so joke areas don't work. Audience gets the hint.
- The rule is that pace is not
hurried, pace is doing away with meaningless pauses.
- You must earn pauses
otherwise you bore audience.
- Can't destroy comedy material.
Do away with all meaningless pauses.
- Go through same rules of Farce
no pauses. Has to be loud and must be funny. Go in a great panic.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."