Don't love your
Rehearsal is not only to improve your
performance. It's also to condition reflex.
- All work has to be hidden.
- Con yourself it is going to be a great performance.
- Bury all the work, conceal work.
- Difference in life and performance,
in performance you have to be audible.
In life, you don't have to worry.
- Don't be off balanced as actor, exercise, sense of self: I am a star, say I am brilliant,
have a larger ego. When you act your territory has to be
bigger. Fill the enormous space.
- Don't do things under insecurity,
audience is not interested in actor.
- Don't fall in love with your performance.
- Don't give 100% do 90%, 10% in the hole.
- Don't have performance in
mind, have character in
mind. Don't fall in love with your performance.
- Don't waste things together; one thing at a time.
- During a performance
the actor must not think of the story
or think about the dialogue, but only think objective.
- Emotion up to performance level.
- Every part is not what the actor does easily. If acting is being other people, you don't carry from part to
part what ever the hell worked for you last time. You have to make a human being you have
to make somebody recognizable and acceptable to an exact person.
- Feeling person all the time:
- Find interesting things to do then stay with it.
- Find your own part.
- Ideal performance in our
- It is not about you, it is about her, have the performance comes from the other person. That is the part
you are leaving out, you were not aware of her at all. You were busy showing your
character. It all comes from her.
- Love poetry not your poems. Not to be in love with your
- Love your art, don't fall in love
with your performance.
- Make it littler for the camera.
Watch good performance, how they do things minimal and
very, very quietly. It's all inside the actor.
- Never be dull and workman like.
- Overacting. Two actors enjoying their performance.
You're a fool, boy. Have to be in real love with each other. We are moved by people who
- Perform: you must be on,
pronounce each syllable, don't mumble.
- Performance (turn on
- Performance is like a strip
The whole thing is
foreplay, just maybe, not yes.
- Play period have perfect posture.
- Remember, half of your performance
comes from the other person.
- To make it work: take life and
make it bigger. Beyond performance size.
- Watch good performance, how
they do things minimal and very, very quietly. It's all inside the actor.
- Weren't on, weren't performing.
- Work on presence. Sense of importance.
- You do the best you know how to do and you learn the best way
to do it, then it's possible to have a career in the best light.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."