Look for selfish motive of the character.
Everyone has a self motive, doing
it for themselves.
- Act III resolve what everything the audience
should know. Look for the selfish motive. What is
the drama in scene? How to plan the scene from what is happening. Find the
conflict. Every scene look for two guys in a ring.
- Give yourself something too hard to act. Principle:
(he wants to be free), selfish motive. (Hope) is the
emotion he behaves the way we want him to behave.
Objective is something you can do something about
it, not just philosophical.
- Selfish-motive is the core of our
behavior. Don't find what is nice to play: find
the motive of the character. Good actor: gets further into the
- What will this effect have on the audience. Look
for selfish motive.
- What is she trying to accomplish?
- We don't do things for other people. We are selfish.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."