- Audience is sentimental.
- Audience is extremely sentimental; always for the
- Audience will see the sentimentalism of it.
- Basically our society goes sentimental.
- Being good. Avoid sentimentality.
- Don't lose process of thought not line to line or thinking and feeling, not necessarily
question to question for being funny. Even play human qualities. Terribly real. Go for
funny or sentimental. Play for the reality of it, part that moves audience. Play his need
rather going for joke. Don't be a clown.
- Do react to: (mothers fathers Love) sentimentality.
- Find the sensitivity in a scene.
- Jackie Gleason: middle of the craziness, must have sentimentality
part to anchor. Best comedy: have the sentimental part to anchor it.
- Keep sensitivity.
- Keep values; doing it for the one who knows,
always look for sentimentalities. Look for values for
- Objective is
- When material
is sentimental, sentimentality will turn audience
off. A trap: that it is a sentimental scene. Play against the trap, play against
sentimental. Audience wants to see people overcome their
difficulties. Trap of: self pity.
- When you do your planning
remember: Audience is very sentimental.
- Work on audiences heart string. Audience is
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."