- Between normal speech and oratory. Drum beat of the
- Can I play Shakespeare?
- Can't turn Shakespeare into now.
- Lines are the noises people are making. Mostly lies
anyway. Don't take it literally. Each word doesn't
have the truth, unless the play is a language play:
Shakespeare, Wilder, etc.
- It has no form. In Shakespeare lines of play must be
spoken out. No breath. Play of language.
- Must have a minimum of 7 voices coming out. Form:
"Shape of the scene". Use
form (game playing) slow revelation of
- People come to hear Shakespeare. Don't speak in a
hurry, can't speak contemporary.
- Play period have perfect posture.
- Shakespeare: speak slowly.
- Shakespeare: acting is making words into flesh.
- Shakespeare takes four times as long.
- Six times the vocal range.
- Slow it down four times.
- Talk clearly and slowly. When to breathe. Five beats then breathe.
- To exist in the clothes of that time.
"In the end, it can't look like