- Abstract situation,
- Are people in difficult situation.
- Depend on situation and character, just don't run
- Don't make everything important. Don't make every
a gem. Don't have two people posturing. Look for what is ironic in situation.
Reason for plays.
- Don't play a man not knowing his situation. Read
about times and places; make decisions.
- Now, what do you think is special about these two people in this
situation? From a
showmanship's point of view. What are you going to do to
make it interesting? To make it entertaining.
- Play the situation,
- Play the situation, not just
- Situation going on.
- What is the audience concerned about:
- What situation is going on here that audience have
- You can't do what you did, it's not radio. What is the
What is the story? What is the thing that would
interest the audience? The first thing you have to look for.
- All comedy situations
have to get more terrible, the minute you get over it, the humor
- Build situations for
character. (Build a hefty weapon to kill the
- How crazy is the situation?
- Humor is playing out every moment. Humor of each situation.
Humor is not waiting for the first lines.
- Most difficult situation, find humor.
- Play the situation. The
reality of the situation,
the humor will arise from that.
- Still has to have combat here the
situation is funny.
- What is the comedy situation? Look for what is
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."