Theatre is never life.
Directors in theatre.
- All theater is
- Can't look like conventional theater.
- Difference between reality and
theater: we are making a mirror image, a painting of
- Emotions. Secret of all drama: move people.
All theater is about difficulty.
Opposite of love is indifference, not hatred.
- Greek Theater. They wore
More proclaiming, learn to be an orator. Every word must
be understood, this is not normal speech.
- Idea in theater that it looks
- Make it look like life, not theater. Documentary
different look. Don't make it on the line.
- Naturalism is a bore, that is what's wrong with theater,
must have high theatrics.
- Theater is a series of
Audience will make their own truths. Make the right choices.
Can it be accepted as true. Audience believe the character. Art
is not truth.
- Play theater, the theatrical.
- Play the theater, don't play the wheels of
- Sound must go with look. Theater: fill the
- Theater is never life.
- Theater of the Absurd, can't
look like conventional theater.
- The audience is suppose to have fun. And we will have fun only if you are more miserable
than we are. That is the whole principle of theater.
- Why way off: Theater acting is an expensive hobby. What you
are going to make a living at 99% for the camera.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."