won't get you anywhere.
You have to be above the mob. You have to have fire in the
belly. If you carry dullness, you're doomed. Stand-up there and vibrate, forget
reality and just look for the theatrical.
- Art is theatrical, colorful, exciting. (Two people
on a hot grille.)
- Choice something
- Conversation in a play has to be theatrical event.
- Decisions: 1. How to enter the room. 2. When
to see her. Theatrical moment.
All a matter of decisions: Theatrical decisions.
- Done perfectly normal scene: change it. Look for
- Has to be light. Comedy:
Turn on all the lights. Fill the
theater with personality. Last thing you
want to be is natural. Natural is not entertaining. Must be theatrical.
- Idea what's theatrical?
- Learn how to be an entertainer. Take hold
of stage. (She has to be passive with answer, he is
aggressor), somebody has to be energy. That is
- Make it visual.
- Must be theatrical.
- Naturalism is a bore, that is what's wrong with theater,
must have high theatrics.
- Play the manner. Don't play prototypes.
- Qualities, theatrically, interesting in
scene, go beyond the material,
nice isn't good enough.
- Part magician. Contest, dueling: Every moment a
battle, find ways, every moment is unusual. Theatrical sense. How do I make everything
special. Once you have a spell, don't move.
- Play theater, the theatrical.
- Requires a number of technical things to work,
- The actors with the theatrical
- Theatrical choice.
- Theatrical is
- Theatrical qualities; great deal of
- Theatrically must be exciting not monotonous.
- Things have to happen dramatically to keep the audience
- This scene is monotony. What we have to work with, the personality of the people. We
have to make the scene exciting: the theatricality.
Every possibility of change. HOW TO SERVE IT UP. Vanity,
vanity, all is vanity. Decorate the character, alarming.
- To do the classics: theatrical.
- To make a decision based not on investigating
our inner psyche, but on our theatrical sense.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."