The location (like the time) can mean
different life-styles and attitudes.
What is the time period?
people of different periods
- Deal with the period (1936).
- Don't play a man not knowing his situation. Read
and places; make decisions.
- Gangsters of the time were
sympathetic, victims of society. They were the one's to pride themselves of
- Hatred is different. What people believe are
- How did people behave then?
- Learn social values of different times 50's,
60's, 70's, 80's, 90's: to make choices.
- Music. Environment: To know yesteryear.
- To exist in the clothes of that time.
- Never think what I would think. Think what the playwright
is saying for his time period. What is
meaning under the words?
- Try to improve your own character.
Understand different times, (Grapes of
Wrath) read about them.
- Understand the time period
play comes from. (30's)
- Familiar with the period.
- Understand the time:
1936. The role of women were different. Didn't have a chance for a
- Women of that time
acted different from today.
- Women weren't aggressive.
"In the end, it
can't look like acting."